What Is Black Mold?
Its name evokes images of black mildew and/or rot. Black mold is a menacing pollutant that can existing naturally in many environments, but it's probably the last thing you want growing in your home. Like most people, you probably know that indoor mold can ruin homes and can make daily live extremely uncomfortable. Let SERVPRO of Marietta West take care of your residential or commercial property that has experience mold damage. We can make your mold issue "Like it never even happened."
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Most would agree that the first step to eliminating mold is locating its sources. But do you know where to look for mold? Or even that using a popular disinfectant to clean it can do more harm than good?
Learn more about mold and what to do until help arrives by visiting Mold Damage Tips.
How Do I Tell If It’s Black Mold?
Since many types of mold can cause reactions, you should contact us regardless of the color or type of mold. In many instances, multiple types of mold may exist in the same house or structure. If you suspect you have a mold problem, contact SERVPRO of Marietta West immediately.
If You See Signs of Mold, Call Us Today – (770) 428-5467
When water intrudes into your property, mold growth can start in as little as 48 hours. Consider the following mold facts:
- Mold is present almost everywhere, indoors and outdoors.
- Mold spores are microscopic, float along in the air, and may enter your home through windows, doors, or AC/heating systems or even hitch a ride indoors on your clothing or a pet.
- Mold spores thrive on moisture. Mold spores can quickly grow into colonies when exposed to water. These colonies may produce allergens and irritants.
- Before mold remediation can begin, any sources of water or moisture must be addressed. Otherwise the mold may return.
- Mold often produces a strong, musty odor, and that odor can lead you to possible mold problem areas.
- Even higher-than-normal indoor humidity can support mold growth. Keep indoor humidity below 45 percent.
Locally Owned Company with National Resources
SERVPRO of Marietta West is locally owned and operated—so we live and work here too and are proud to be part of this community. We are also part of a national network of over 1,600 Franchises with special Disaster Recovery Teams placed strategically throughout the country to respond to large scale disasters.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Dobbins Air Force Base
- Fair Oaks
- Williams Park